Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Here I am, my husband has been gone most of the week traveling with work. He was home Tuesday night for dinner and we had soup. Roslaee just fell asleep and I am going through years of recipes I have collected, scribbled and torn out of old magazines. Deciding on what to keep, what to pass on and what to get rid of so no one else has to experience them.

Grocery list making is well under way also. As well as laundry and floor sweeping. Motivated, perhaps a little.

Well, here it is. My weeks menu:

Friday- Chicken Noodle Soup with Cheddar Biscuits
Saturday- - Out, deservingly
Sunday-- Happy Shrimp Stir Fry w/ Brown Rice
Monday- Tuna Noodle Casserole, because if I make this the kids will be so good. I really should make it more often.
Tuesday- Grilled Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches w/ Tomato Soup
Wednesday- Tacos w/ Homemade Tortillas and Guacamole

The menu this week is quick and simple cooking as we have stuff 3 nights this week which means Jimmy goes home from work, we eat and head back out! Busy. What does your menu look like? What are some of your favorite things to cook?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. So far, my menu just consists of a steak stir-fry with brown rice and baked potato soup. Plus, I am thinking homemade vanilla or chocolate pudding. Still working on my menu. The Grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches sound tasty. May steal that idea from you. : )
    I think my favorite things to cook are soups, stews, and casserole-type things. I love to bake more than cook. I can make a mean dessert. lol
    Loving the Blog. Loving you all. : )

    ReplyDelete