Sunday, February 14, 2010

All in a day.

Here I am this cold Thursday morning, enjoy the silence in the house. Camden is back at school, Jimmy and Rosalee are still snuggled in bed and the dogs are outside. Ahh the house is mine! Thursday is like my off day from cooking, a day where I can chug a kombucha, make a sandwich and enjoy a evening with just me and the kiddos and what ever leftovers sound good. Jimmy works late on Thursdays so I take the night off from cooking too! This morning after my drink is gone and I am done typing for the moment I will turn my tea kettle on and pull out my sewing machine and try to enjoy a few more moments of my time!

Thursday is also the day I make the grocery list. I scour the cabinets and ask everyone what they would like this week.

So here is what we are having this week:

Friday – Shrimp Pasta, with local ricotta cheese, peas, parmesan, sauteed onions and garlic…drool.

Saturday- My Dads Vegetable Soup and Homemade Bread

Sunday - Valentines Day – Roast Chicken, Roasted Root Vegetables and Homemade Rolls. I will also make a special dessert for my valentines!

Monday- Leftover Vegetable Soup, Fried Tofu, Peanut Butter and Crackers

Tuesday – Homemade Pasta Sauce and Spaghetti

Wednesday – Craft Day aka Crock Pot Day

Ahh, I forgot to mention baking.

I smile just like this through all my baking...

So this week will include homemade Graham Crackers and some experimenting with Chocolate Chewies and Chocolate Zucchini Bread. No I will not eat all of these, taste perhaps but not devour. Thankfully I have some events that are in need of donations this week. Oh and did I mention cinnamon rolls. Thanks to a sweet friend those have been added to the list. Those I may devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment