Sunday, February 14, 2010

Craft day, and all it brings.

Rosalee's wool soakers!

So after Rosalee was born I found myself home alone with a tiny baby. Don’t get me wrong I loved it, it wasn’t stressful as she is a great sleeper and eater. But for myself I need a bit more stimulation, some one to talk to, have tea with; simply I love company. So after pondering a few ideas Craft Day was created. I set a goal for myself – learn how to do something, I can cook but I wanted to be crafty. It is open to our community here, I have an open door just bring a snack to share and a craft if you feel like it.

What I began realizing after these Wednesdays were over it really had nothing to do with the crafts it had to do with our village. My need for a village. A village of women, mothers and grandmothers. A place for us to unite to talk, laugh and cry. A place where everyone felt safe to talk about their feelings or to not feel alone as they journey through becoming a new mother or dealing with a tantrum throwing 2 year old. A village of women that were also in need of the same thing but not sure how to get it. I need and love craft day. And the bonus is that I do get to use my sewing machine!

So from my village to yours THANK YOU! It is wonderful having such awe inspiring amazing women in my life and for that I am grateful! Much love to you all! I also must put a quick line in here also about so many women that are in my life that either can’t come to craft day or live out of state- you are equally as touching and moving in my life, I am blessed to know you all!

ps. this craft day I made doughnuts, no sewing. They were baked doughnuts which you can find the recipe here:http://whatscookingamerica.net/Bread/BakedDoughnuts.htm

They were pretty good, a lot healthier than fried. Mine did not rise very well today, this has been on of the first things I have baked that had issues rising but after baking they still tasted great! A nice afternoon treat with a yummy cup of tea

No comments:

Post a Comment