Sunday, February 14, 2010

A bit more about me...

So first post of the blog. My nerves are a little shaky as I figure out what I want to write about first! So I guess first thing is first – a little about how I cook, what we eat and why we do it!

I cook. Alot. I like to be in the kitchen (normally with a baby attached to me in her sling) chopping, sprinkling or tasting yummy foods. I try to make all of our food from scratch and as you can imagine with kids, dogs and a husband I need from scratch cooking to also be SIMPLE and healthy.

I try to use all natural and organic products as often as I can. Oh and of course seasonal and local foods too.

I like a pinch of that and a pinch of this in my food. I love butter, olive oil, coconut oil and my new cast iron skillet. Salt, did I mention that I love salt. I salt all my food before I even taste it because it is going to need more salt anyway.

Like I said, I try to keep my recipes simple and cost effective. I will also share ways that help save us money and perhaps even highlight a sale we have going on here close to home.

Other things that may show up here as I am passionate about them as well is sewing projects, guest blogs from other amazing women or a parenting topic that I must share. Ideas, opinions or a love note- please share them with me!

xo

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment